13 January 2023
The positions will be based at the Energy Fiji Limited’s Head Office and will report to Accountant Financial Services.
- Verify the invoices received from Procurement Accounting Section and ensure that the payment to EFL overseas suppliers is processed and released in accordance with EFL policies and procedures;
- Provide reconciliations of overseas supplier statement; follow up with the Strategic Business Units (SBU) on the outstanding invoices and outstanding value for overseas orders that has to be paid;
- Be well versed with EFL’s financial policies and procedures and its application on job;
- Organise Tax clearance & RBF approval for overseas payment;
- Monitor and update the exchange rates daily and liaise with the banks for favourable rate for EFL;
- Organising Letter of Credit (LC) arrangements with the Banks and ensure the timely updates are provided to SBU’s and the overseas supplier on the progress of the transaction;
- Ensure all advance payments approved are in compliance with EFL policies and procedures;
- Provide update to the SBU’s and overseas suppliers once their payment is remitted;
- Analysis of financial data, production of financial reports, reconciliation and preparation of general ledger reconciliations;
- Ensure all the month end and year-end journals are processed in the system;
- Assist in Internal and External Audits;
- Provide assistance to Commercial SBU for the quarterly stock take;
- Ensure that all the payment vouchers are filed according to the cheque numbers and all records for the filing of vouchers are properly maintained;
- Assist the Accountants in uploading the yearly budgets in line with the Approved Corporate Plan and provide assistance to SBU’s on reporting their monthly variances;
- Develop reports and other deliverables as assigned by the Accountants and Managers;
- Carry out any other duties as assigned by the Accountants, Managers and CFO.
- A Degree or Diploma in Accounting
- The person must be Customer focused, Accountable, Reliable, Disciplined/Systematic, Holistic Thinker, Honesty, Interpersonal, Detail oriented, enthusiastic, Analytic, Team Oriented and Initiative, well organized.
All applications must reach EFL no later than 4:00pm Monday 30th January 2023.
All applications will not be acknowledged and only shortlisted applicants will be contacted regarding an interview. If you have not been contacted by the Energy Fiji Limited, then your application has not been successful and we thank you for your interest in applying.
EFL IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER