13 January 2023
The positions will be based at the Energy Fiji Limited’s Navutu & Tavua Depot and will report to the Installation Inspection Coordinator Western
- Work as an electrician under general supervision in the inspection of electrical wiring and fixtures in buildings and electrical plants.
- Carry out pre-inspection electrical tests and visual inspection on electrical installation to ensure standards compliance prior to connection to EFL grid for domestic, commercial and industrial customers
- Ensure that electrical wiring and equipment is in compliance with full requirements of Australia and New Zealand standards (AS/NZS 3000:2018 Wiring Rules).
- Interpret electrical drawings, schematics, plans and wiring diagram.
- Inspection of electrical wiring, positions and mounting arrangements of distribution boards, fuses and circuit breakers, switches, light fittings, power points and other electrical plants.
- Attend to customer faults as and when required and provide feedback in timely manner
- Carry out other delegated duties as assigned by the Electrical Installation Inspector/Installation Inspection Coordinator or functional superiors
- Assist Customer Services SBA with disconnection of meters as and when required
- Be available occasionally for 24 hour standby on weekly basis to attend to after hour faults and breakdown in power supply for individual customers
- Drive Authority vehicles in line with Fleet Manual Policies & procedures
- Carry out load balancing as and when required to ensure efficient performance of Network Distribution Transformers
- Trade Certificate in Electrical Engineering
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in electricity industry as skilled wireman in industrial, domestic & commercial wiring
- possess Valid wireman’s license
- A valid group “full” 2 driving license
All applications must reach EFL no later than 4:00pm Monday 30th January 2023.
All applications will not be acknowledged and only shortlisted applicants will be contacted regarding an interview. If you have not been contacted by the Energy Fiji Limited, then your application has not been successful and we thank you for your interest in applying.
EFL IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER