23 September 2022
The position will be based at the Energy Fiji Limited Kinoya Depot and will report to the Manager Substation.
- Maintain the highest degree of integrity; Live the EFL Values at all times.
- Carry out Condition Monitoring and ensure zone substations under your area of responsibility are maintained in accordance with international standards.
- Monitor & Analyse Substations performance and draw up strategies to improve efficiency and minimize risk. Submit Fault Reports.
- Develop substation equipment specifications, provide engineering input to determine scope of work, cost, schedule and specifications, and manage contracts for substation R&M and other projects.
- Develop design alternatives and recommend substation arrangements and equipment applications.
- Prepare tender specifications, evaluate tenders and submit tender evaluation reports
- Participate in the development of Zone Substation projects in liaison with other SBA’s.
- Assist in the management of Substation projects as and when required.
- Actively contribute towards the achievement of Key Performance Indicators for the Network SBA.
- Carry out High Voltage & Low Voltage switching and High Voltage Testing as per approved procedures.
- Oversee the commissioning of equipment within area of responsibility.
- Prepare and submit thorough Daily, Monthly and other Reports as required in a timely manner.
- Drive EFL vehicles as required and follow EFL Fleet Policy Manual at all times.
- Carry out Standby Duties as required.
- Assist in manpower planning and budgets preparations for Substations Department and Network SBU.
- Prepare and submit an annual Training Needs Analysis of personnel under his/her responsibility. Ensure employees under his/her area of responsibility undergo ongoing training to maintain and improve on skill level. Develop and conduct Technical Training of Network personnel.
- Liaise and coordinate with other departments to ensure successful completion of work assignments.
- Maintain HSE legislative requirements of both EFL and Government. Promote safety by compiling and maintaining work procedures, conducting Safety Visits, Conducting Monthly Tool, Equipment and PPE audits, driving Hazard Reporting by employees under his responsibility, Reporting all accidents and incidents promptly to the Manager, Health & Safety Officer and/or Fleet Officer.
- Monitor employee performance. Commend and Counsel employees as and when required. Submit formal commendation and counselling reports to the Human Resources Department.
- Responsible for managing of personnel, test equipment and fleet in the Substations Central Section.
- Update self with the latest industry developments and apply relevant learnings to improve Network performance.
- Drive Innovation and Productivity improvement through active leadership in Innovation and Business Excellence projects.
- Perform other work related duties consistent with the responsibilities assigned to t
- Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Engineering from a recognized University, with membership or eligibility for membership of recognized Electrical Engineering Institutions.
- Applicant must have at least three years’ experience in the Electrical Power Industry of which at least two years should have been with Power Distribution, Transmission and Substations.
- Must be authorized in Categories A, B, C, F of high voltage switching. iv) A valid driving license is required
All applications must reach EFL no later than 4:00pm Tuesday 11th October, 2022.
All applications will not be acknowledged and only shortlisted applicants will be contacted regarding an interview. If you have not been contacted by the Energy Fiji Limited, then your application has not been successful and we thank you for your interest in applying.
EFL IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER