23 September 2022
The position will be based at the Energy Fiji Limited Kinoya Depot and will report to the Manager Distribution Central
- Maintain the highest degree of integrity; Live the EFL Values at all times.
- Plan and Coordinate the Construction and Commissioning of the EFL Distribution and Transmission Network Safely, in a Timely manner, to Approved Design and within Approved Budget.
- Monitor & Analyse Distribution Network construction performance and draw up strategies to improve efficiency, eliminate safety risk and eliminate Audit Issues.
- Continuously review Construction standards and Material & Equipment Specifications to ensure compliance with EFL and recognized International Standards (AS, IEC, IEEE, etc.). Update self with the latest industry developments and apply relevant learnings to improve Network performance.
- Actively contribute towards the achievement of Key Performance Indicators for the Network SBA. 6. Responsible for managing of personnel, test equipment and fleet in the Construction Section.
- Carry out manpower planning and budget preparation for the Department.
- Ensure employees under his/her area of responsibility undergo ongoing training to maintain and improve on skill levels. Submit Training Needs Analysis for all personnel in Construction Section.
- Liaise and coordinate with other departments to ensure successful completion of work assignments.
- Maintain HSE legislative requirements of both EFL and Government. Promote safety by compiling and maintaining work procedures, conducting Safety Visits, Conducting Monthly Tool, Equipment and PPE audits, driving Hazard Reporting by employees under his responsibility, Reporting all accidents and incidents promptly to the Manager, Health & Safety Officer and/or Fleet Officer.
- Monitor employee performance. Commend and Counsel employees as and when required. Submit formal commendation and counselling reports to the Human Resources Department.
- Responsible for managing of personnel, test equipment and fleet in the Technical Support Section.
- Update self with the latest industry developments and apply relevant learnings to improve Network performance.
- Drive Innovation and Productivity improvement through active leadership in Innovation and Business Excellence projects.
- Perform other work related duties consistent with the responsibilities assigned to the position.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Engineering from a recognized University, with membership or eligibility for membership of recognized Electrical Engineering Institutions.
- Applicant must have at least three years’ experience in the Electrical Power Industry of which at least two years should have been with Power Distribution, Transmission and Substations.
- Must be authorized in Categories A, B, C, F of high voltage switching. iv) A valid driving license is required.
All applications must reach EFL no later than 4:00pm Tuesday 11th October, 2022.
All applications will not be acknowledged and only shortlisted applicants will be contacted regarding an interview. If you have not been contacted by the Energy Fiji Limited, then your application has not been successful and we thank you for your interest in applying.
EFL IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER