18 November 2022
The position will be based at the Energy Fiji Limited’s Central, Western and Northern Division and will report to the designated Managers/ Section Heads.
- The Apprentices must learn On the Job (OJT) all related and applicable trainings at the workplace.
- The Apprentices must present themselves to a certain degree of expectations while executing the OJT.
- The Apprentices must comply or adhere to the instructions given to them by the respective Supervisors.
- The Apprentices must update and keep record of the Apprentice Logbook and must be produced for inspection and verification.
- The Apprentices must comply at all times the Safety Procedures of EFL.
- The Apprentices must understand power generation, transmission and distribution including Supervisory Control and Data Acquisition (SCADA) and Communications
- Attend Registered Training Organization and/or complete the required hours to successfully complete the enrolled qualification/training as required.
- Complete assessments, exams and relevant course work at minimum PASS and in accordance with training plan requirements.
- Assist to plan and deliver work tasks in accordance with agreed work plans, timeframes, standards and budgets to achieve business outcomes.
- Work with relevant tools, plant and equipment to complete work tasks relevant to the position.
- Read and interpret technical information to complete work tasks as relevant to the position and training.
- Read and familiarize with the power systems and Single Line Diagram (SLD).
- Assist in commissioning and testing of line hardware.
- Display resilience and courage through adapting well to new situations throughout the Apprenticeship, seeking opportunities to improve and develop.
- Act with integrity by behaving in an honest, ethical and professional way in accordance with the Code of Conduct and policies and processes.
- Work as a supportive and co-operative team member, share information and acknowledge the contribution of team members.
- Perform any other duties, tasks or projects the Supervisor/Training Officer may assign in accordance with training requirements, having regard to the incumbent’s skills, training and experience.
- Assist in Inspection of Domestic, industrial, and commercial wiring as per AS/NZS 3000 wiring rules.
- Assist in fault finding and control circuitry associate with low and extra low voltage.
- Extra low, low and high voltage installations.
- Assist in carrying out Electrical installations and maintenance as requested and in line with skills and competence.
- Assist in transformer and switchgear maintenance.
- Perform any other duties, tasks or projects the Supervisor / Training Officer may assign in accordance with training requirements, having regard to the incumbent’s skills, training and experience.
- Carry out First Aid and Pole Top rescue when needed.
- Assist with development of maintenance standards and practices to improve SAIDI/SAIFI/CAIDI figures to achieve Network SBA Scorecard targets.
- Assist in Daily Work Plans, Job site Assessment and assigns jobs to team and solve problems on site.
- Assist to carry out condition assessment and defect/deficiency reporting of 33kV and 132kV Overhead lines.
- Assist in Managing Line Contractors in carrying out contractor induction and supervision.
- Conduct Safety Audits and team/individual tools and equipment checks.
- Reporting of all incidents and accidents promptly to their designated supervisors.
- Maintain OHS requirements of both EFL and Fiji Legislation.
- Demonstration and compliance with EFL’s OHS rules and regulations.
- Responsible for various aspects of leadership, technical oversight, direct supervisory, planning, coordinating and administering activities related to EFL’s rights of way, both for new construction and ongoing maintenance and live line works.
- Familiarize themselves with 132kV and 33kV Line Hardware’s.
- Carries out condition assessment and defects reporting of 132kV O/H line through climbing of tower using Minimum Approach Distance (MAD) method.
- Assist team with Fault finding for 33kV O/H Lines, U/G Circuits and 132kV Transmission lines.
- Assist in maintaining and operation of 132kV Transmission and 33kV Sub Transmission O/H Lines.
- Assist in Planning works as per Annual Maintenance Planner.
- Assist team in HV switching 132kV, 33kV, 11kV, 6.6kV and LV switching.
- Carry out Audits of Permit to Work, LV Declaration, JSA and Work plans.
- Contribute in documentation of Transmission Safe Work Procedure.
- Have successfully either completed and passed Fiji School Leaving Certificate or Fiji Seventh Form Examination with an aggregate mark of 250+ and high level of achievement in English, Mathematics and Science (Physics);
- Be physically and medically fit;
- Applicants between 18 – 26 years of age at the time of application will have an added advantage;
- Capable of successfully completing theoretical course;
- Capable of handling the practical training requirements;
- Valid Group 2 driving license will be an added advantage;
- Apprentices requirement is based on skilled manpower required by the relevant SBAs;
- Applicants in the process or have completed a Trade Certificate or Certificate IV in Electrical Engineering or Diploma in Electrical Engineering qualification with a GPA of 3.0 and above;
- The Apprentice will be required to sign a Bond with EFL.
All applications must reach EFL no later than 4:00pm Monday 5th December 2022.
All applications will not be acknowledged and only shortlisted applicants will be contacted regarding an interview. If you have not been contacted by the Energy Fiji Limited, then your application has not been successful and we thank you for your interest in applying.
EFL IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER