18 November 2022
The position will be based at the Energy Fiji Limited’s Kinoya Depot and will report to the Manager SCADA & Communication.
- Maintain the MITEL 330 Controllers and telephone system.
- Operate and maintain all voice and data communication systems.
- Install and maintain Radio & Data Communication system including mobiles, repeaters, and base stations to all EFL indoor staff and SBAs.
- Maintain Satellite phones and its data base.
- Plan out the schedule maintenance of the repeater sites including the tower and repeater building and related infrastructure.
- Carry out, inspect, and test completed work to ensure compliance with specifications and work standards.
- Plan, Install, and maintain Optic Fiber cables network and equipment's.
- Keep a proper record of drawing of communication network after liaising with
- Carry out standby duties as rostered.
- Monitor and provide evidence for the key performance Indicators.
- Prepare Business case for up coming Projects.
- Manage communication projects, and monitor the budget and progress.
- Procure and maintain a proper record of items procured and installed.
- Update Manager and GMN with the progress report of the project.
- Raise RFE for payment of outside stakeholders such as for dark fiber leasing and co-siting on a monthly basis as per the contract.
- Carry out costing and feasibility study of Optic Fiber leasing projects to the outside stakeholders.
- Liase with Telecommunication Authority of Fiji for Telecommunication Operators License, and pay assessment fee and operator license fee.
- Update the Ministry of Communication of all radio Equipment, types in system and pay license on annual basis.
- Carry out any other work assigned by Manager SCADA & Communication and GMN.
- The candidate must have a Degree in Telecommunication / Electronic / Networking Engineering from a recognized tertiary institution with at least three (3) years of relevant experience in a similar environment
- Candidate will be required to sign a bond.
All applications must reach EFL no later than 4:00pm Monday 5th December 2022.
All applications will not be acknowledged and only shortlisted applicants will be contacted regarding an interview. If you have not been contacted by the Energy Fiji Limited, then your application has not been successful and we thank you for your interest in applying.
EFL IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER