18 November 2022
The position will be based at the Energy Fiji Limited’s Kinoya Depot and will report to the Team Leader Network Design & Planning Central.
- Receive application forms for power supply from Team Leader or higher authority and process them accordingly for supply connections approvals;
- Assess the installation details of an electrical installation on the application forms and calculate the electricity maximum demand with reference to Australia and New Zealand standards (AS/NZS 3000:2000 Wiring Rules);
- Carry out field visits and survey work for network extension design works;
- Design a technically sound electrical solution for network extension for power supply connection to applicants;
- Verify, design & prepare cost estimates for the network extension proposals using the costing software;
- Prepare customer contribution value based on EFL’s Consumer Extensions Policy;
- Prepare quotation letter for approval by the Departmental/ Divisional Heads;
- Coordinate all process involved in preparing project implementation files for projects in order to enable approval of the applications for power supply connections;
- Assist the Planning Technician / Electrical Engineer with distribution system augmentation works to maintain quality and reliable supply systems existing customers and for load growth;
- Carry out safety visits and audit EFL’s present network, initiate corrective design work and report accordingly;
- Ensure at all times that Health and Safety considerations in all facets of activities are of top priority;
- Carry out other delegated duties as assigned by the respective Team Leader Network Design and Manager Design & Planning.
- The candidate must have a Diploma in Electrical Engineering from a recognized Institute with at least two years of work experience in Design and Planning work;
- The candidate must be able to demonstrate an understanding of basic power system analytical techniques and working knowledge of Microsoft Office applications is a must;
- Use of Auto-Cad (2018 or Later versions) in Drawings will be an added advantage to applicants;
- A valid full Group two driver’s license (not provisional) is mandatory.
All applications must reach EFL no later than 4:00pm Monday 5th December 2022.
All applications will not be acknowledged and only shortlisted applicants will be contacted regarding an interview. If you have not been contacted by the Energy Fiji Limited, then your application has not been successful and we thank you for your interest in applying.
EFL IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER