18 November 2022
The position will be based at the Energy Fiji Limited’s Nadarivatu Power Station and will report to the Team Leader Renewable Generation.
- Ensure all safety procedures in place are adhered to according to the Occupational Health and Safety Act and the Authority’s Safety rules and procedures.
- Carry out assigned daily works plan for operation, repair and maintenance of power stations.
- Dismantling of electrical items and makes visual inspection as well as performance tests, using measuring instruments and apparatus.
- Determines types and degree of repair required, serviceability of parts and components or necessity for replacement.
- Re-assembling of engine components, doing additional fittings and adjustments and make final performance tests and adjustments.
- Ensure prudent inventory management and control of adequate gen-set and machine spares.
- Responsible for the stock items receiving, issuing, recording and transactions for power station store.
- Ensure all generation statistics and reports under his charge are compiled and delivered timely and accurately to Team Leader.
- Maintain amicable relations and manage contracts with landowners.
- Ensure security of renewable installations.
- Assist in the preparation of yearly maintenance plans for respective renewable generation assets and activities.
- Assist in continual improvement in operational activities for increased productivity, increased efficiency and a high standard of Asset management.
- Prepare check sheets for various inspection and maintenance carried out.
- Carry out work, inspect and test completed work to ensure compliance with specifications and safety work standards.
- Carry out the inspection, regulation and functioning of installed plants and equipment employed in power stations.
- Assist in the provision of on-the-job training of employees.
- Carry out regular team fire & evacuation drills.
- Carry out daily checks/monitoring of weir plants & instrumentation
- Report any change in power station system elements or plant and ensure drawing are amended.
- Check, control and account for all electrical items used.
- Maintain proper management of Tools and Test Equipment used by Team.
- Maintain proper vehicle management and upkeep.
- Responsible for general maintenance and upkeep of Power Stations and depots.
- Assist the overall generation team when required, especially Thermal team at Navutu.
- Required to be on general availability and roster duration away from base.
- Carry out any other work as required by the Team Leader or Manager Renewable Generation.
- Display EFL values and standards at all times
- Diploma in Electrical Engineering from a recognized Tertiary Institution;
- A minimum of two (2) years’ experience in power generation;
- Having a valid wireman license would be an advantage.
- Computer literate
- Must have a valid driving license
- Needs to be Physically fit, be an excellent Planner and organizer; demonstrate leadership qualities, good communication skills, team player, be able to meet deadlines, and to live the EFL Values at all times.
All applications must reach EFL no later than 4:00pm Monday 5th December 2022.
All applications will not be acknowledged and only shortlisted applicants will be contacted regarding an interview. If you have not been contacted by the Energy Fiji Limited, then your application has not been successful and we thank you for your interest in applying.
EFL IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER