18 November 2022
The position will be based at the Energy Fiji Limited’s Head Office and will report to the Team Leader Network Design & Planning Central.
- Register the application for power supply forms and process them;
- Assist the Technician - Planning to enter a ground distribution substation and measure the system Low/Medium voltage data using modern equipment;
- Calculate maximum demand of an electrical installation and verify the submissions by the Electrical Contractor;
- Assist the Technician with field visits for design/technical solutions for increased demand in electricity by customers;
- Perform safety visits to assess the power-lines ground clearances, assets’ condition, and any boundary crossing complaint; and design/recommend remedial actions;
- Plan, design, and prepare cost estimates for network extension works or augmentation works;
- Assist the Team Leader or Manager with system planning work based on data of load growth to implement network upgrading and extensions works;
- Assist in implementing augmentation work to maintain the voltage to within regulatory requirements for quality and reliable supply system;
- Assist with medium term planning works based on forecasted load growth trend and assist with preparation of annual capital budget;
- Assist to address any complaint from public sector relating to issues on unsafe clearance distances of power lines from infrastructure and vegetation;
- Ensure at all times that HSE considerations in all facets of activities are of top priority
- Assist the Design and Planning team in carrying out its role diligently and efficiently
- Provide an engineering report to Team Leader or Manager;
- Carry out related duties as assigned by Team Leader or Manager.
- Candidate should have at least a Diploma in Electrical Engineering from a recognized Institute, or any higher academic qualification in Electrical Engineering;
- At least two (2) years of work experience in power generating and distributing Power Utility;
- Working knowledge with modern version of Auto-Cad in Design and the Microsoft Office applications is required;
- A valid Group two (2) (not provisional) driver’s license is mandatory;
- The candidate must be able to demonstrate his/her analytical techniques skills.
All applications must reach EFL no later than 4:00pm Monday 5th December 2022.
All applications will not be acknowledged and only shortlisted applicants will be contacted regarding an interview. If you have not been contacted by the Energy Fiji Limited, then your application has not been successful and we thank you for your interest in applying.
EFL IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER