18 November 2022
The position will be based at the Energy Fiji Limited’s Somosomo Power Station (Taveuni) and will report to the Manager Distribution Central.
- Carry out First Aid and Pole top rescue when needed.
- Take out Permit to Work on high voltage equipment, and ensure all completed PTW forms are returned to the National Control Centre promptly.
- Carry out switching on Low and High Voltage equipment.
- Supervise the Construction, Repair & Maintenance work on transformers, switchgear, pillar boxes, underground link boxes.
- Supervise the installation, commissioning and maintenance of HV and LV switchgear and transformers in kiosk, underground, pad mount and pole-mounted substations and autoreclosers.
- Supervise the installation and commissioning of poles, cross arms, and other line hardware.
- Supervise replacement of oil and fuses inside HV switchgear.
- Test underground earthling to required standards.
- Carry out Megger tests to determine insulation level and Polarization Index of switchgear, transformers, cables, as well as earth resistance measurements.
- Carry out Thermal Imaging inspections as and when required
- Cable fault location
- Carry out oil dielectric tests.
- Supervise the Installation of fiber-optic cables.
- Supervise the Installation of Aerial Bundled Conductors.
- Oversee the Condition Monitoring of the Distribution Network within area of responsibility
- Carry out Standby Duties as required.
- Drive EFL vehicles when required.
- Actively contribute towards the achievement of Key Performance Indicators for the Network SBA.
- Prepare and submit Daily, Monthly and other Reports as required in a timely manner.
- Conduct monthly tool and equipment check and maintain records for audit.
- Conduct Counseling and Technical Training of staff
- Report all accidents and incidents promptly to the designated supervisor and EOHS Officer, or Fleet Officer.
- Responsible for managing of personnel, Tools & equipment, test equipment and fleet in the area of responsibility.
- Monitor and Analyze Network SAIDI/SAIFI and implement strategies to improve the same
- Drive Innovation and Productivity improvement through active leadership in Quality Circle and Business Excellence projects;
- Maintain HSE legislative requirements of both EFL and Government. Promote safety by compiling and maintaining work procedures, conducting Safety Visits and driving Hazard Reporting by employees under his responsibility.
- Perform other work-related duties consistent with the responsibilities assigned to the position.
- Liaise and coordinate with other departments to ensure successful completion of work assignments.
- Approve permits for installations in coordination with Design & Planning.
- Carry out preliminary survey for construction of new projects.
- Perform other work-related duties consistent with the responsibilities assigned to the position
- Diploma in Electrical Engineering from a recognized institution
- Candidate must have three (3) years’ experience as a Technician
- Candidate must be authorized in Categories A, B, C, F, and
- Must have a valid group 2 driving license (not provisional) and valid wireman’s license
All applications must reach EFL no later than 4:00pm Monday 5th December 2022.
All applications will not be acknowledged and only shortlisted applicants will be contacted regarding an interview. If you have not been contacted by the Energy Fiji Limited, then your application has not been successful and we thank you for your interest in applying.
EFL IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER