18 November 2022
The position will be based at the Energy Fiji Limited’s Kinoya Depot and will report to Communication Engineer Central.
- Work independently or with others to inspect, replace, test, service, troubleshoot, and complete preventive maintenance tasks on equipment
- Use test equipment and meters to check, test, troubleshoot and calibrate supervisory equipment operation
- Exercise sound judgment to repair/or maintain various SCADA/Telecommunication equipment
- Writes purchase requests, compare pricing, order and expedite needed parts
- Work from blueprints, sketches, manufacturer’s instructions, and written or verbal instructions
- Maintain accurate records, test descriptions and written reports including time, materials, and equipment used; maintain parts and equipment inventories
- Utilizes computers and related applications to program and setup equipment for required operations
- Deploying, configuring, maintaining and monitoring active network equipment and software
- Assist in budget preparation with recommendations, tools, equipment, contract services, warehoused spare parts and future Telecommunication/SCADA expenditures for equipment and required repairs
- Work efficiently and effectively with all other departments to achieve the most economical and satisfactory resolution to operations concerns
- Comply with the EFL’s safety rules and regulations
- Perform all other related duties as assigned and/or directed
- Disassemble, inspect, determine damage, case of damage and required parts and recommend methods of repair of SCADA/Telecommunication equipment
- Store and properly care for all Sections tools and test equipment
- Read and interpret circuit diagrams and electrical drawings, ladder diagrams, equipment troubleshooting guides and parts lists: instruct and direct assigned personnel in the safe and proper methods of equipment troubleshooting
- Will be required to participate in the after-hours, emergency on-call schedule
- The candidate must have a Diploma in Telecommunication/Electronic/Networking Engineering from a recognized tertiary institution.
- At least three (3) years of relevant experience in a similar environment;
All applications must reach EFL no later than 4:00pm Monday 5th December 2022.
All applications will not be acknowledged and only shortlisted applicants will be contacted regarding an interview. If you have not been contacted by the Energy Fiji Limited, then your application has not been successful and we thank you for your interest in applying.
EFL IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER